livemedia-creator --live-iso deliverables

Hi,

Today I was running through runs of livemedia-creator in mock to figure out
what exactly we need to get koji to run in order to produce the liveiso's I
got things running and was able to produce a live iso. aside from things like
the iso being ~1G bigger than what we get from livecd-creator I had one big
surprise. The surprise was the output that we got. In Release engineering we
want the tooling to make the artifact as we are going to ship it. This means
that someone running the tool at home can make the same thing as what we make.
I was expecting for output something along the lines of Fedora-Live-
Workstation-x86_64-rawhide-20151215.iso  which is what we get from livecd-
creator. Instead of just an iso what I got was a tree

EFI
EFI/BOOT
EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI
EFI/BOOT/MokManager.efi
EFI/BOOT/grubx64.efi
EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg
EFI/BOOT/fonts
EFI/BOOT/fonts/unicode.pf2
images
images/pxeboot
images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
images/pxeboot/initrd.img
images/install.img
images/efiboot.img
images/macboot.img
images/product.img
images/boot.iso
isolinux
isolinux/vmlinuz
isolinux/initrd.img
isolinux/isolinux.bin
isolinux/vesamenu.c32
isolinux/ldlinux.c32
isolinux/libcom32.c32
isolinux/libutil.c32
isolinux/isolinux.cfg
isolinux/grub.conf
isolinux/boot.msg
isolinux/splash.png
isolinux/memtest
LiveOS
LiveOS/squashfs.img

where the only thing that we will ship is images/boot.iso but we will have to
do manipulation of  the tree to keep what we want and name it correctly and
discard all the extra bits.  this means that every use that makes livecds will
need to write tooling to extract the boot.iso, rename it and discard the extra
bits.

given http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/23/Live/x86_64/ as
an example of how we ship live media it is not a great thing to have to do. I
strongly feel that a small piece of additional code in livemedia-creator to
correctly name the iso given that there is a --image-name flag is reasonable
and will save every person that makes livemedia from having to rewrite
basically the same function, or us just writing a  wrapper around livemedia-
creator to do so.

I am happy to write the code but want to make sure that it will be welcome
before I go off and do so.  This is a feature we are trying to get into the
compose tools and process for Fedora 24 so that we can get rid of livecd-
creator and appliance-creator once and for all

Regards

Dennis