Re: proposal for splitting translation tests into a separate project

On 11/19/2015 04:12 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 03:06:34PM -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
We're never going to hear if something passes a threshold or not.  At
the most, we might find out if a whole new language needs to be added,
but that's pretty rare.
Probably worth noting this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Khmer_Translation_Sprint

I think it's completely fair to tell the G11N team to ask when they
want new languages pulled in Anaconda.

Fair enough, I just brought up automatic additions in relation to automatic ejections. Just glancing at the top of the msgfmt output, Afrikaans, Amharic, Belarusian and Bosnian are all about 98% untranslated. All of those languages are "in" anaconda and have projects in Zanata and everything, so if removed them and then someone came along and updated the translations for Afrikaans, would F4A G11N notify us? For a less extreme case, Marathi is 58% untranslated. It probably hasn't been updated in a couple of releases (it would be nice to base this decision on that kind of a metric, but that sounds like a real pain to figure out). I would consider it inactive and go ahead and remove it LINGUAS. A hypothetical Marathi translator may not agree, so it might be good to just automatically check back on it since we're pulling it down anyway.

I'm also not real sure how to handle thresholds against the translation schedules. Presumably the percentage of untranslated strings will get higher and higher as we approach a string freeze, though we can probably find a threshold that kicks out the inactive ones without kicking out everything a week or so before beta.