Re: proposal for splitting translation tests into a separate project

On 11/19/2015 03:03 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
If it's not a real package, we'd need some way of checking the tests out
from git either into an existing source repo or alongside it and then
running the tests.  Checking it out into the repo of the thing being
tested would probably be much easier to do in jenkins.

From the point of view of testing before release, could this be somewhere where a git submodule is useful? If I understand them right, we could have the translation-tests (or a better name) project as a submodule in anaconda and blivet and pykickstart and whatever else, then the release scripts could add a step to run the tests to accept or reject the source tarball. Brian, please explain why this is a bad idea.