Re: Packaging Add-on in ISO

----- Original Message -----

You basically just need to ensure that the addon folder is present in the /usr/share/anaconda/addons/
on the filesystem on the ISO. Anaconda checks this directory on startup and loads any addons it can find
from it.

As described in the guide[0] there are 2 possible ways how you can do that.

> From the guide , we can place the .img file in the images directory of ISO
> and the installer will pickup the add-on automatically.
This is they first way - you "add" the addon to an existing ISO at runtime by using the Anaconda updates image functionality[1].
This can be handy if you don't want to change the ISO or during testing - as long as updates image drops the addon to the correct
path it will all work just fine.

> But the part on creating RPM is a little vague. Once the RPM is created,
> how/where should we place it in the ISO?
The is the second way - it basically expects you are making your own ISOs from RPM packages, using Lorax[2] or a similar tool.
The general idea is that your just add the addon RPM to the repo you are using form making the image and make sure it is installed.
This will result in addon being installed to the correct path, so that Anaconda can pick it up during the installation.

>and how can we direct anaconda to use the add-on RPM?
There is currently no mechanism for telling Anaconda to fetch Addons from anywhere other than /usr/share/anaconda/addons/ on the
local file system, but using an updates image provides similar functionality.

> --
> Cheers,
>
> Asadullah Hussain
Kind Regards