Re: About sshd(8) remote root login feature & Anaconda UI support

   Hello,

> On Friday, 16 January 2015 1:42 PM, David Shea wrote:
> How would the key be delivered in this case? The kickstart command just
> takes the key as a string, and obviously expecting the user to type in a
> ssh key isn't going to work. Read from storage? Download from a URL?

  Right, true; Reading from storage also sounds iffy, URL support could be good. To be honest, this is still an advance feature we can have in subsequent releases.

For now, first we need a provision so that users are not locked out of their freshly installed systems. Ie. enable remote root access('PermitRootLogin=Yes') if no non-root account is created OR let user make the choice.

Yesterday I installed F21 on my machine. In that, while creating a non-root account, Anaconda shows a CheckBox with caption about '..use password authentication...', maybe similar one could be added to the window for setting 'root' password. Only in that we prompt user if they wish to 'enable' remote root access via ssh(8). This CheckBox must be disabled by default.

Does that sound okay?
---
Regards
   -Prasad