Re: Installing CentOS 7 with livemedia-creator

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 06:26:36PM -0500, Christopher Cawlfield wrote:
> Well, this is a little embarrassing. I've answered some of my previous questions already. Two issues were misleading me:
>
> One, when using --no-virt, I need to be careful to remove any files left over in /tmp/ and /var/tmp/. I seem to pick up stale repo information when I don't do this and livemedia-creator fails. This doesn't seem completely rational, but cleaning up helps give me reproduceable results. I'm doing:
> sudo rm -rf /tmp/yum.cache /tmp/yum.repos.d /tmp/yum.root /tmp/anaconda-yum.conf
> sudo rm -rf /var/tmp/yum.*

This is fixed in lorax-19.6.30-1, for centos you should be using the
rhel7-branch instead of master.

> Another issue was that I was using an HTTP server for my mirror that yum did not like: Python's SimpleHTTPServer. After switching to Nginx, this started working again. I don't know why this is necessary, but I'll grab more wireshark captures tomorrow to compare. I have a feeling that the issue *might* be HTTP 1.1 vs 1.0, or maybe MIME types? Anyway I'll work that out soon.

yum uses partial file requests so you need a full-featured server like
lighttpd or nginx.

> Next I will revisit my "updates" repo, which I see now needs to be named almost anything except updates.

You shouldn't name a repo updates unless you just want to enable the
default updates repo (which will be wrong for your use case), it
conflicts with the internal name, use something like updates-foo

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#repo

> I'm still very curious if anyone has examples of using the --make-disk option.

--make-disk is actually the default code path, that's why you don't see
any opts.make_disk references. It should work just like --make-iso

The kickstart restriction is that /boot and / need to be the same
partition so that it can find the kernel and initrd after the
installation is complete.