Re: Anaconda as a template system versus an installer

> I would argue that Anaconda should be taking on the role of assisting
> with things like this.  It shouldn't be for people to hack up in
> kickstart files.

Just throwing this out there given the hour and day...

It's always been my position that if there are things lots of people are
doing in their kickstart files, kickstart should grow to support those
things.  This is why we now have user/group/services command support,
for instance.

Beyond that high level position, I am leaving it up to our resident
experts on networking and images to have opinions on the details here.

Note that there are ways to have anaconda not do certain major tasks -
for instance, running in dirinstall or image install mode disables
setting the timezone, screwing with the network, etc.

- Chris