Re: Can't test Anaconda changes in RHEL7

On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 11:58 +0700, Jack Ngo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi,

> I'm starting to develop Anaconda but when I modify source code, I
> don't know how to test what I changed.
>

> I did follow this URL:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Stage2DevelopmentGuide#Testing_Changes
Wow, that's terribly outdated! I'll try to fix the page, but until that,
here is a guide for the new, easy process:

1. find out which version of anaconda you want to create and updates.img
for (the version without your changes)
2. run the scripts/makeupdates script with specifying the version from
step 1 as e.g.:

$ scripts/makeupdates -t anaconda-19.31.99-1

3. upload the updates.img file created by step 2 to a webserver or copy
it to the toplevel directory of your repository

3.1 if using a webserver for updates.img, append
inst.updates=URL_OF_YOUR_UPDATES_IMG

to boot options.

The new updates.img format is a gzipped cpio archive and it is applied
to the installation tree. So you can even modify things outside of
Anaconda. A very useful option for the makeupdates scripts is '-a' which
allows you to add an RPM (extracted) to the updates.img.

Hope this helps and works for you. If you have any questions, feel free
to ask here or on IRC freenode/#anaconda.

--
Vratislav Podzimek