Re: How to set up RHEL7 ks.cfg for both boot methods (UEFI + Legacy BIOS under UEFI)....

On Oct 17, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Spike White <spikewhitetx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anaconda developers,

I wish to enhance our RHEL7 ks.cfg file to support either UEFI boot or legacy BIOS on UEFI boot.  This build will be supported on recent server models only, whose system firmware supports both these boot methods.

I have done both BIOS and UEFI kickstarts. (Fedora 20).

My preference would be a single partitioning scheme for both. That is, I'd add inst.gpt to the boot flags.

The problem is that the bootloader build, location, and its helper scripts/programs (grub2-mkconfig and os-prober) behave differently depending on whether the firmware boots in UEFI or CSM-BIOS mode. So at install time, you get one kind of bootloader flavor and at the moment I'm not thinking of a work around for this.

It's technical feasible to get the installer to do an "agnostic" partition scheme that includes both BIOSBoot and EFI System partition.

Chris Murphy