Re: pdb.set_trace() with liveinst

On 05/27/2014 06:25 AM, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
On Sat, 2014-05-24 at 15:45 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
Is it possible to use pdb.set_trace() when liveinst is used to run anaconda?

I tried and, if it is suppose to work, there is a bug because it blows
up and exits when it hits the first pdb.set_trace()

How do you debug when you have the liveinst environment?
It should work if you also have 'import pdb' somewhere. The prompt of
course appears in the terminal window the anaconda was run from.

Since I originally asked this question some months ago, I "believe" that I did find it to work but I just do not remember. I am doing some experimanting with liveinst again and need to get into the debug environment to see what is going on.

1. This is all with a Fedora 20 LXDE liveinst running as a libvirt/qemu-kvm virtual system. Therefore, anaconda is 20.25.16-1.

2. I am getting an exception so I hit the "debug" button. The anaconda screen "greys out" so I switch to the terminal which started liveinst. Nope, no prompt there.

3. I tried inserting:
      import pdb
      pdb.set_trace()
into the code. When I start liveinst and it hits the pdb.set_trace(), the anaconda screen disappears and there appears to be an initial pdb prompt but then it breaks out the the regular prompt. Anaconda has died.

Any suggestions?

Gene