Re: [lorax] how to decrease squashfs.img size, it increase more than install size

On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 13:12 +0800, 耳东 wrote:

> hi guys. I want to build a cutom liveos by lorax.
> my first liveos , dracut miss 'livenet' module, so it can **NOT** boot
> under PXE
> boot failed message:
>
>     dracut: FATAL: Don't Know how to handle
> 'root=live:http://...squashfs.img'
>
> first create command:
>
>     livemedia-creator --no-virt --make-iso --ks=centos7.liveos.ks.cfg
>
> After I add 'dracut-network' package in centos7.liveos.ks.cfg '%
> package' section,
> the second create liveos with 'livenet' module can boot from PXE
> successfully:
>
>     livemedia-creator --dracut-arg="--no-hostonly" --no-virt
> --make-iso --ks=centos7.liveos.ks.cfg
>
> But squashfs.img size increased was larger than the size initramfs.img
> increased.
> I hope to slim 'squashfs.img' size, so it could boot from PXE
> speedily.
> I mount the squashfs.img compare the different size of these two
> liveos,
> the different size was **only** at initramfs.img
This is really weird. Are you sure you used the same kickstart file in
both cases? Did you try uncompressing the squashfs.img and running 'du
-sh *' in it to see which folders have grown?

Other than that I'd suggest you to use squashfs.img over NFS so that it
can be mounted instead of keeping it in RAM.

--
Vratislav Podzimek