kickstart for liveinstall RFE?

Before submitting an RFE, I thought I would bring this up for discussion here.

For many years I have been a big fan of kickstart installs with large kickstart files with everything to be installed specified. Recently, I have had the opportunity to use live installs and am impressed with what they can do and how they basically work.

My thinking is to change the way I am doing things with kickstart installs and instead do a small live install followed by a post install script/procedure to install the rest of the software. I already use a post install script to load rpmfusion stuff I want installed.

Currently there are three things that discourage, if not outright prohibit, using a live-install/post-install approach where ha limited kickstart definition would help:

1. network --hostname fedora

2. bootloader  --boot-drive=sda

3. Definition of disks, partitions and filesystems.  This is the biggie.

What are the chances that this would be considered as an RFE? I have not looked at the code so I do not know if I want to tackle this myself. Also, there is the fedora.next and Fedora Atomic Initiative going on and I do not know how they would/will impact things.

If this functionality was implementd it /s possible that it should be done with different specificat/on than "kickstart" so that some user does not expect full kickstart functionality in a live install.

Comments?

Gene