rw versus ro for btrfs rootfs

At one time it was pointed out to me that it is unnecessary to mount rootfs ("/") ro if the filesystem is btrfs (I have since lost the reference).

Things seem to work just fine if "ro" is changed to "rw" and all btrfs entries in /etc/fstab have 0 0 for the fifth and sixth fields thus fsck will not be run. In any case, btrfsck can only be run on an unmount filesystem and not a subvolume.

So, should things be changed for extlinux.conf and grub.cfg so that, if the rootfs is btrfs, it will be mounted rw rather than ro?

Also, are there other filesystems with "0 0" which should also be mounted rw instead of ro?

Comments?

Gene