Re: Reclaim Space - shrink an LVM logical volume?

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 10:14 -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I ended doing the resize manually from a Live boot before running
> liveinst.
>
> I disagree that this is an "uncommon" thing to want to do.  I'd rather
> do a fresh install than an upgrade, but I'd also rather keep the old
> version around in case I need to boot back to it.  When I install my
> own systems, I accomplish this by using custom partitioning and
> leaving empty space in the LVM VG and room for an extra /boot
> partition.  But if this wasn't planned for in advance, one needs to
> resize the existing root LV.

This workflow is supported through the custom storage path. It just
doesn't fit the model of automatic configuration.

You didn't specify whether you wanted to convert the LV space into VG
space or disk space. Anaconda supports converting it to VG space, but
not disk space.

David