Re: cannot install; anaconda GUI problem on TC5

On Dec 9, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Gene Czarcinski <gczarcinski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The is a problem with bugzilla and I get "502 proxy error" trying to create a new report or the info here would be in the report.
>
> I have been doing lots of qemu-kvm testing of Fedora 20 but it was time to do some installs on real hardware.  This was mainly to be a "clean" install since I have previously installed from the alpha and then continuously updated.  I should have done this earlier since this is a bit late in the game to find something like this.
>
> The problem: boot the TC5 DVD and attempt to do a regular gui install.  Anaconda dies with a X server error.  I have the following files: anaconda.log  anaconda-tb-4lkAzT  program.log  storage.log syslog  X.log

Best to file a bug, attach at least the tb file, and cite the bug here. I'd also double check the install media passes checksum, I've had a couple of download and transfer failures that exhibit totally bizarre problems. And I can say TC5 DVD ISO definitely boots VM and baremetal from DVD and from USB stick using dd and livecd-iso-to-disk.

Chris Murphy