Re: what is storage.protectedDevices?

On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 13:54 +0800, Kun Huang wrote:
> Hi, all
>

> https://github.com/pyKun/install.img/blob/master/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py#L92
>

> this is an old version anaconda, but I just need know the meaning of
> this line.
>

> In my case, I used 'repo=hd:......' so anaconda.protected here valuate
> as true in L93, so when run to L97( my case is not livecd, and "not
> storage.protectedDevices"), the program looks me as upgrade case, so
> it checks anaconda.id.getUpgrade().
>

> My case is installing a system from usb. Kickstart files, and repo are
> all from usb device. But how storage.protectedDevices means here?

anaconda.protected is non-empty, meaning there is a block device that
contains your installation media. That partition must be protected in
order to prevent removal of the device/filesystem containing the
installation media. The call to storage.reset() should have found the
block device that contains your installation media and identified it as
such, but it did not. That is a serious problem except in the case of
live media or an upgrade.

Does that answer your question?