Re: Welcome Screen issue with default language (sometimes it is not English)

Thanks for answering.

> It currently uses the Fedora MirrorManager API for getting the
> territory code. But that API is primary for getting the fastest
> mirror for the given location

Speaking of the fastest mirror, yum selects the slowest mirror most of the time... i can download fedora isos at 1000/1200 kb/s but yum sometimes
downloads at 5/20/30 kb/s, so i need to yum clean metadata or re-try later, but that is unrelated to anaconda. Is there a specific place for reporting problems/issues
with mirrors or just bugzilla?

Cheers.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Martin Kolman <mkolman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi !
Reartes Guillermo 02. 05. 2013 13:14 -0300:
> Hi,
>

> With F19b-TC2, i noticed that sometimes the default language in the
> Welcome Screen is not English but Portuguese.
We have recently added GeoIP support, which is used for pre-setting
the language & timezone in Anaconda.
It currently uses the Fedora MirrorManager API for getting the
territory code. But that API is primary for getting the fastest
mirror for the given location, not getting the country right.
We already contacted the infrastructure people[1] about setting up a
dedicated GeoIP API.

> Also it is not cantered in the selected language.
Thanks for reporting the issue! I've just submitted a patch that should
fix this for review[2].

> Cheers.

Best wishes
Martin