Re: Re-using existing partitions for root--Anaconda 19.x

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 15:20 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> In anaconda 19.20 (and older) I have been trying to reuse an existing
> btrfs partition as / and the reformat box is greyed out.  The
> partitioner refuses to use the partition with error msg "you must create
> a filesystem on the root device."  But with a greyed out reformat box
> how do we do this?  Yes, I can delete and recreate the partition, but
> shouldn't we be able to reuse as long as we request that the partition
> be reformatted?

Soon you will be able to create a new subvol for the root filesystem
within your existing btrfs volume. I just posted the patches this
morning for review. If you insist on reformatting a partition with a new
btrfs filesystem then the answer is no -- that's not currently possible
or planned. You'd have to remove the current device and then add a new
one. If you're wondering why, it's because btrfs is so special.

HTH