Re: Making room for the layout indicator

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 14:59 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So vpodzime put together an awesome layout indicator for anaconda:
>
> http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/new_layout_indicator.webm
>
> One problem though is with the red preproduction/test text in the upper
> right, there isn't much space for it. So we talked about making the
> header taller to accommodate it in IRC this morning. While I think we
> should the header a bit taller, after experimenting with mockups the
> layout looks a bit unbalanced if I make the header tall enough to
> include the layout switcher without any other changes. (For example, the
> vertical alignment of the screen title and done button on the left hand
> side looks a bit weird when the right side has the three vertical items.)
>
> So this is my proposal to fit the indicator in the header:
>
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Sketches/Layout-Switching/taller-header_layout-position.png
>
> This involves three changes:
>
> - Changing the font size of the 'development/testing' string to be 8 or 9pt
>
> - Increasing the height of the header to be 84 pixels tall (it was 78
> pixels tall before)
>
> - Swapping out the pixbuf from the current one to this one (which is 84
> px tall):
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Sketches/Layout-Switching/taller-header.png
This is how it looks like with the changes applied:
http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/making_room_for_LI.png

I think the only problem is that the header has no gradient and only two
hard parts instead. Máirín, do you think the problem is in the code, or
does the PNG file have the same problem? (I did no change in that code,
just replaced the old header PNG with the new one, the size adapted
automatically).

Thanks,

--
Vratislav Podzimek