Re: Feedback on installer/storage survey for usability tests

On 01/04/2013 04:16 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
Hi folks,

I'd like to introduce you to two new contributors who are going to be
helping us put the new Anaconda UI through some usability tests:

- Meet Stephanie (cc'ed), who is my UX intern through the Outreach
Program for Women [1] for the next few months. She is a computer science
& engineering student from the University of California Merced. Her
internship project involves helping us evaluate the usability of the new
Anaconda UI.

- Meet Filip (also cc'ed), who is a student working on a diploma thesis
in usability testing & tooling. He is friends with Jaroslav Reznik and
is going to be helping us with the usability testing plan, and he is
also going to be helping us on the ground running some tests at DevConf.cz.

One important part of a usability testing plan is giving the users who
will be running the tests a brief survey to understand their background
and technical experience with respect to the software being tested.
Having this information about the testers will help us better interpret
the test results.

Stephanie has put together an initial cut of the survey we'll be handing
to users before they take the Anaconda usability test. We're looking for
some feedback on the survey itself - we don't need your answers to the
survey, just comments on the structure / content of the survey itself.
:) The specific kind of feedback we are looking for is as follows:

- Did we miss any key technologies in the lists of questions to ask?

- Is any of the wording inaccurate or technically incorrect?

- Are there key technical experience or demogrpahic questions that would
affect a user's experience through the interface that we should be
asking and aren't here?

I've pasted the latest survey draft below - please let us know your
thoughts!

Would it be good to have the project sponsor some entity like the NNG [1] to review the installer work on their proposed solution to the issue they find after all they are expert at this?

JBG

1. http://www.nngroup.com/