Re: Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 00:18 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 01/03/2013 10:17 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On Thu 03 Jan 2013 04:49:47 PM EST, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> If you pick any country other than the good ol' U.S.A., we force you
> >> through the keyboard spoke as the next step, before sending you to the
> >> hub. It's against the Awesome Hub/Spoke Design, but practically
> >> speaking, it may be a better option.
> > I don't understand why this is necessary.
> >
> > You get to the hub, you review it, you see it has the wrong layout, you
> > click on keyboard and select your layout. It's not really hard, and I
> > don't see how throwing up the keyboard layout screen for everybody in a
> > linear fashion makes it easier. Am I misunderstanding what the issue is
> > here?
> >

> Hmm this is not entirely correct user behavior by my observation in my
> case users removed the us layout then selected icelandic keyboard layout
> not sure it's relevant thou...
The point here is that everybody can review and change keyboard layout
settings even if we don't throw up the screen right after the
welcome/language one (or network). I still don't think people install OS
so often they just need to go through the configuration as fast as
possible ignoring everything that they are not forced to confirm.

--
Vratislav Podzimek