Re: Anaconda threads and Yum with rpm backend

On 12/13/2012 01:01 PM, Martin Sivak wrote:
Guys,

you are totally missing that there is an intermediate layer between
rpm and anaconda that is well suited for this. Yes I am talking about
Yum.

I didn't miss that possibility, I was talking about it from rpm's perspective because there are other motivations for doing it on that level.

Anaconda has (theoretical) support for multiple backends and doing
the fork and inventing new protocol just because one of them uses a
library which should have a process for itself is not clean.

Yum should simply isolate all the API users from the low level
operations. That will fix chroot issues, selinux contexts,
capabilities, ... once and for everybody.

Doing it in yum would fix it for users of yum API, not everybody.

	- Panu -