Re: Hostname setting in UI?

On Dec 12, 2012, at 11:48 AM, David Lehman <dlehman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe we should only go back and rename the vg if autopart
> was used -- not for custom layouts.

That's reasonable. It's nicer if default hostname is something like "Fedora18" instead of localhost.

If the user uses autopart, at the "point of no return" the code can grab the hostname at that moment, be it the default or a user chosen hostname prior to committing to the autopart path.

If the user uses custom layout, the hostname at that moment is used as the default VG name. The user can then change the VG name, or not. Once they finish this spoke, they've at least tacitly approved the VG name, whether default or user set. A subsequent hostname change I do not expect to then cause a rename to the VG name.

On Dec 12, 2012, at 12:10 PM, John Reiser <jreiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just give notice the first time: "warning: hostname has not been specified;
> using `foo' in VG name instead"

Ick. I think it's possible to do something 80% sensible 80% of the time without tapping the user on the shoulder with a giant billboard sign for something ultimately fairly low priority and inconsequential.

Chris Murphy