Re: Crazy custom part UI idea

> So this is probably just the lack of sleep talking, but I notice a
> pattern in the comments about newUI is that people really aren't
> confident about which partitions exactly form part of the install, in
> newUI custom part

Can you provide a little more detail here?  Is there confusion over the
very concept, or over what's new and what's old, etc.?

> I was thinking, could we emphasize the difference between 'new Fedora 18
> install' and 'existing detected installs' in the left-hand pane more
> heavily? the specific idea I had may be silly, but it's color coding.
> give the 'new Fedora 18 install' tree a green background and the old
> detected installs grey backgrounds, or something. would that help make
> things clearer?

Well, the indentation is supposed to help group things together.  I
think we could also color code things, perhaps.  That's always tricker
than I want it to be.  It could either be new vs. old, or every other
expander could be shaded like you might seen in a spreadsheet.  We could
perhaps also put a horizontal bar between the new one and the old ones.

- Chris