Status of firstboot for F19

Hi,

I have a working proof of concept of sharing spokes between anaconda and firstboot targeted at F19. I also have a support for loading 3rd party spokes + their ksdata extensions to have the same data access and export (self.data and install.ks) as everywhere else.

Addon has currently the following structure, it is a directory which has the <id> assigned according to it's name:

<addon id>/
 ks/ (pyanaconda.addons.AddonData)
 gui/
  spokes/ (pyanaconda.ui.Spoke)
  categories/ (pyanaconda.ui.gui.Category)
 tui/
  spokes/ (pyanaconda.ui.Spoke)

The directories contain python files (no __init__.py necessary) and our collect methods look for classes with proper parents (in brackets) in the proper directories when loading stuff.

Currently anaconda reads and saves the 3rd party data under self.data.addons.<addon_id> which is an instance of AddonData and is represented by special kickstart section like below. self.data.addons itself is a AddonRegistry class that ensures kickstart export does the right thing and also manages the addon ids.

%addon <addon_id>
- addon specific data
- to be parsed by detected addon
- or saved as string so we can export
- it back to install.ks
%end

This should ensure that the code won't fail if the addon is not present (the data will be stored as a string and saved back during export). If the addon is present the parser will pass the lines to the addon's own parser to process and store.

I have also modified our UIObject class to look for the sidecar .glade file in the same directory where the instantiated class is defined.

I keep the work in progress code (and I rebase quite often) on fedorapeople.org:

http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/msivak/public_git/anaconda.git/?h=firstboot-support
http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/msivak/public_git/firstboot2.git/

It is still not review ready, but in case anybody want's to play with it (even from other teams), feel free to report the results. Also if you think about something which needs to be provided by/for 3rd party addons and is not possible using the described model. Ping me.

--
Martin Sivák
msivak@xxxxxxxxxx