Re: Anaconda and it ties to the release/packageset it's about to install

On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 20:07 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Can some of you guys enlighten me and explain to me what causes the
> dependency in the installer environment with the packages/release it's
> about to install and why these have to be tied together ( as in the
> installer cannot exist and be run in an isolated environment on it's own
> specific bits untied to the release or package set it's about to install )?

Do an install and then look through /tmp/program.log. We run all of
those utilities as part of the installation process. There are a lot of
them, and some change every single release. Many of these commands are
run inside the just-installed root, which means the utilities have to be
there (in the installed package set) and they have to behave in the way
we expect them to.

There are also other changes, like how to set the default runlevel pre-
and post-systemd.

David