Re: partitioning expectations for F18

On 08/18/2012 07:42 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

The current default in the gui is to not use LVM, and to default to ext4.  btrfs is not yet ready to be the default, and LVM is too complex of a setup for a large portion of our users.

The default autopartitioning scheme can include a broken out /home/ directory if there is sufficient disk space available, and a broken out /boot and swap.

It would be a good idea to review the autopart expectations in the QA tests and update them for code reality.

Does this mean we can ( finally ) disable lvm and related services by default and default to initramfs less boot thus decreasing users boot time and improving their out of the box experience?

JBG