From: anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [anaconda-devel-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of zf5984599 [zf5984599@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:33 AM
To: anaconda-devel-list; anaconda-devel-list
Subject: after install of new Linux ISO with new kernel&initrd, could not boot

hi, dear experts

When I made my own centOS Linux ISO with new compiled kernel and initrd.img by myself. I met one problem.
there is some relation with anaconda, so i turn to ask for help here.

Here are steps:
1)build one kernel RPM with compiled kernel and initrd.img in the ISO.
2) when install the new centOS Linux ISO, the installation is fine.
3) after installation, it is not able to reboot, because grub "menu.lst" is broken. There is no "initrd initrd.img" line
   in menu.lst file. The OS could not boot normally.
My questions:
Q) since the menu.lst/grub.conf is generated by anaconda, I am wondering that there is something wrong when the
anaconda generating the grub menu.lst? Is that something wrong with my kernel name induced this ?

Many thanks for your help.

BRs
feng