Re: [f17-branch master] default to msdos disk labels (#816701)

On Apr 27, 2012, at 7:57 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:

>> It appears that Lenovo systems aren't the only ones that have problems
>> booting from GPT labeled disks. This patch does the following:
>> * default to msdos labeled disks
>> * remove the GPT blacklist
>> * remove nogpt cmdline argument
>> * add gpt cmdline argument to force use of GPT disklabel
>
> We're going to need to spread the word about this pretty widely, I
> think.

Yeah I was gonna ask on devel for a reality check, to make sure what that list sounds like is actually what will happen. Return default to MBR for BIOS systems, remove 'nogpt', to get GPT on BIOS use 'gpt' to force. What about BIOS systems with target disks > 2.2TB? Will that trigger GPT, or do we get a MBR disk maxed out to 2.2TB unless using the force option?

Chris Murphy