Re: adding ARM support to Anaconda

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM, David Marlin <dmarlin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been doing some work on Fedora-ARM, and have been looking into adding
> ARM support to Anaconda.  My first step was just to get Anaconda to be aware
> of the ARM architecture.  I have now been able to create a disk-image for an
> ARM system (Trim Slice) using livemedia-creator and a kickstart file.  This
> involved some changes to both Anaconda and Lorax.

Hi David,

great! Are you aware of OLPC XO ARM laptops? Can we send you a couple?
We are already shipping Fedora on ARM (a F-14 build, not officially
blessed by Fedora) and are on track to a mid-year release based on
F17.

Fedora on ARM will be in >60K fielded laptops before F17 is even released.

Our kernel support bits are getting upstream rather quickly, so they
should be a viable target for the F18 timeframe. We use OFW instead of
uboot, but from Anaconda's POV they are very similar: a /boot
partition and a config file controlling kernel options and boot
params. We can help with a template config file.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx
 martin@xxxxxxxxxx -- Software Architect - OLPC
 - ask interesting questions