Re: InstallFedoraButton gnome-shell extension for LiveCD

> On 04/19/2012 11:06 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > It has been discussed on devel list:
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-April/165234.html
> >
> > and most people agreed such an extension would be a great
> > improvement.
>
> Notably though, member(s) from the Desktop team don't agree.  I'd
> rather
> see an agreement reached before we add code to anaconda.

Yes, unfortunately, Matthias Clasen was opposed to the very idea from the beginning, later admitted a start-up notification could be acceptable. I don't mean to impose that my idea is the only one and best. There are certainly a lot of ideas how to make installer more visible. But there are no other implementations and F17 deadline is closing. I would rather accept an idea that might not be the best solution ever, but it certainly improves the current situation (my impression is that everyone agrees on that statement, probably except for Matthias), than waiting for "perfect solution that appeals to everyone" that might not come in time (if at all). Is there a technical problem to swap the solution if a "better" one appears in time before F17 deadline?

I'll post a call to Desktop SIG's mailing list and ask more people to have a look at it a respond with their comments. I don't know what else I can do (except for releasing my own desktop spin and dominating Fedora download statistics to prove people see value in it, ho ho ho - ok, that was not so funny).