Re: Question about Anaconda graphics for F16

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 13:25 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > There's an OPTION #3:
> >
> > Don't make the window fullscreen. Remove the logo from the window.
> > Show a different background image (wallpaper) with logo (or whatever) for each release.
>
> Being fullscreen is really nice for the partitioning UI, though, because
> we need a lot of space for that one.

Well, what screen resolution would you say is the standard now? Which
most people use? 1680x1050? Maybe even 1920x1080? For sure netbooks are
something different, but are they the majority of fedora users?

If we need this kind of resolution for the partitioning UI then I think
it's not a very good design and we should focus on redesigning it,
instead of making the window bigger.

> Not being fullscreen but having a background image is what we did
> somewhere back in the RHEL4 and early Fedora days.  I don't exactly
> remember when, but I remember looking like that.

Well looks like anaconda was a trend setter back then, because almost
every new OS I've seen in last year does not use fullscreen for it's
install window. But we are now.

I think I'm the only one against the fullscreen in the team, but I'm
never going to give it up. For me it just looks so 80s. :)

Martin Gracik <mgracik@xxxxxxxxxx>