Re: Instalatron: keyboard-driven Anaconda testing framework/tools

On 07/19/2011 10:33 AM, Sergio Rubio wrote:
Hey all,

I have released the source code for a testing framework we use
internally for the Anaconda based installed we maintain:

https://github.com/abiquo/instalatron

It's basically a thin wrapper around VBoxManage and compare (from ImageMagick).

We're still finishing the documentation and publishing some missing
features but it's already usable. There are a couple of video demos
linked in the project page that will give you an idea.

There are also sample Fedora 15 testing sessions (scripts) recorded here:

https://github.com/rubiojr/instalatron-scripts

I'd love to hear what do you guys think about this approach for
testing Anaconda.
I've been hacking anaconda for a few months now and the best thing I
used before instalatron was the "updates.img" technique.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The approach here is similar to what we've been working on in recent months as well. I recommend taking a look at the autoqa project, which some of our work has been incorporated in to:

	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA

Talk to the Fedora QA team as well and see if they have anything to offer. If you are just looking for feedback, those guys would be good to talk to.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Supervisor, Installer Engineering Team