Re: Reworking dispatch

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 01:45:59PM +0200, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A patchset finishing the feature
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features/Rework_dispatch
> follows. Take a look at
> https://github.com/akozumpl/anaconda/commits/dispatch for a more
> pleasant browsing.

Overall these changes look pretty good. A few questions and comments:

Does sshd really belong as a step in dispatcher? It seems to me that it
isn't related to anaconda at all other than looking for the flag and
starting it. It really isn't part of the installer itself.

In the Dispatcher object I'd rather see the big list of steps as a
separate method. Think of the case where something wants to modify the
class and use a different list of steps. Having them all set in init
makes it harder to do something like that.

Related to that, why is _add_step prefixed with '_'? I could see cases
where either a subclass or something using the class would want to add
steps.

This could make livecd/image support in anaconda easier (I'm speculating
here, but my current plan is a combination of subclasses and plugin hook
points in anaconda to allow extending it easily).