Re: customize anaconda installation procedure

Hi,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to use PXE booting. You only need to prepare the boot menu and kickstart files for each variant you want to have available. Of course this assumes you can boot all instalations from network.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Installation_Guide/ch-kickstart2.html

This can be accomplished without PXE boot too, but the user would have to put ks=http://somewhere/model-number.ks (this is an example) on the boot prompt manually.

It also accepts ks=file:// syntax so you can include those files on the modified media and then point the installer to them manually or by creating a nice menu in isolinux configuration (or another bootloader responsible for booting that media).

I wouldn't recommend modifying the installer itself.

--
Martin SivÃk
msivak@xxxxxxxxxx