Re: Draft proposal for using full anaconda as the default Fedora download

2011/1/21 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 03:09 +0000, inode0 wrote:
>> Well, this is what was worrying me about this discussion. I think the
>> live media (or some sort of live media) really has tremendous value at
>> events big and small. If this leads to an effort to make better live
>> media I'm all for it. Getting rid of live media is going to be a tough
>> sell to those of us who see its value.
>
> Is the value in demoing *in the booth* or giving to people to take home?

Personally I would prefer a mix of both. You have a live media which
can be demoed and if you want a particular blend of Fedora there are
desktop icons which a person clicks and then runs the anaconda
installer to get to the hardware. However wishes are fishes.

I normally use "live" media for enhanced rescue environments. While
probably not the "best" use, I have seen colocation techs use it to
boot up a system and check out what is running compared to how
hardware was running before. Other places I have seen it used are in
throw away mode places. I have untrusted hardware, network, etc. I
just want to run from a cdrom and save to a flash/usb drive (or some
combo of all that). tada. In those cases, I am not wanting to install
(heck I really really DON'T want to install in some cases.)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren