Re: Draft proposal for using full anaconda as the default Fedora download

On 01/21/2011 01:28 PM, MÃirÃn Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 21:04 +0000, J.H. wrote:
>> On 01/21/2011 11:51 AM, MÃirÃn Duffy wrote:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Duffy/Default_Install_Proposal
>>
>> One additional point that should be made in favor of shifting back to a
>> more "normal" install process (using the full anaconda environment) is
>> that doing a network install form a Live CD is basically impossible,
>> mostly due to the lack of ability to boot a Live CD over the internet.
>>
>> Just my $0.02 however.
>
> That's a really great point! It also reminded me that you can add
> additional repos, which isn't possible in live media. I added these two
> points under advantages here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Duffy/Default_Install_Proposal#Advantages_to_this_proposal

Well let me rephrase my previous "basically impossible" it's possible,
and I've been trying to figure out who's in charge of the live cd's so
it can be enabled by default, but it's currently not there and thus
impossible.

Just saying, I manually set it up, mostly, for boot.kernel.org.

But yes, both are very good points regardless.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley