Re: loader+pykickstart integration preview

On 01/18/2011 08:49 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
I spent all last week working on a set of patches to convert loader to
using pykickstat.  The motivation for this was a bug report stating that
you can't use "reboot" in a file that gets %included, because the
kickstart parser in loader doesn't understand %include.  When I started
pykickstart, the point was to get rid of the separate parser in s-c-ks.
We still have that problem, but now anaconda is to blame.

So what I've done is embed python in loader so kickstart.c is just
calling into pykickstart.  The resulting patch set is not necessarily
smaller than what we've got now, due to all the C/Python type
conversions.  It's also not necessarily less complex.  However, it is
one less kickstart parser in the world.

Here's what I've got so far:

    http://clumens.fedorapeople.org/python/

I still have a little way to go, but I'm interested in opinions on
whether this is useful or not.

Overall I like it, but I have one concern - would we be able
to handle (execute) multiple network commands in loader
on top of this changes? Like by adding some mechanism
similar to KickstartData and execute(). Perhaps access
to NetworkData objects stored in _dataObjs with some
logic in loader can do. I am just making sure it won't be
big problem because I have some patches for networking
requiring this in queue.

Radek