Re: some brainstorming on location in anaconda

Chris Lumens (clumens@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> If the user provides lang= and/or kbd= on the command line, I assume we
> have enough data to do the reverse mapping back to guess timezone and
> the rest.

... 'maybe'? If they select (for a random example) Spanish and Dvorak,
that's not a unique combination that suggests a location. Although if
they specify a full locale (es_ES, for example), we can then pick a
country and therefore a timezone.

> Also, what do we do about loader?  For the common use case, we likely
> will not stop in the loader so there will be no need to prompt.
> However, there are still a fair number of other reasons why we might
> have to do something interactive in loader - method selection, driver
> disk, can't fetch kickstart file, bring up network, etc.

I thought method selection was dead, in favor of repo selection which
is done in stage2?  For the rest... hmm.

Bill