Re: A stern warning of things to come

Well, what about making just an "english" install.img with language,
locales, and fonts just for english, but with everything else we need,
like a base system for everyone, and then provide some locales.img,
one for all locales, or more of them, like an "add-on" image,
which will get downloaded only if the user selects some other language?

This still splits the install.img to more files, but I think the split
is more logical, and from the images creating perspective, I think
it would not be a mess to implement.

Maybe we can also move some other stuff to an "add-on" image too.
As I'm doing the imagemaking scripts, I'm always looking for a solution,
that will keep it nice and simple when creating the images. So from my
point of view, it would be best to do the split (if we do it)
based on package selection, as in "put all these packages to one image,
and these packages to other image, but don't mess around with single files".

But this is talking about splitting the image again...

--

  Martin Gracik