Re: [master 1/2] logging: autodetect the virtio-serial port.

On 07/23/2010 04:50 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
What happens if nothing's set up on the host to listen for the logging?

Hi Chris,

If a user creates the virtio port manually now then he needs to put something on the listening end first before starting the machine.

When nothing's listening on the host's end the virtual machine won't start (libvirt displays that cryptic python traceback). Something for the libvirt team to deal with probably if we want to have the anaconda virtio-serial port enabled by default. For instance I imagine:there could be a parameter in the machine XML that would tell libvirt to create this particular device only if someone's listening. If not, silently ignore the device and start machine anyway. Anaconda will then see no virtio port and continue without forwarding logs.

Ales