Re: virtio logging

On 07/15/2010 05:46 AM, Li Ming wrote:
On 07/13/2010 11:37 PM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
Hello,

I propose a little present for the F14 Anaconda: logging over virtio.
This means one will be able to capture logs from a qemu/kvm machine with
no connection to the network at all, using a magical
socket<->virtual-serial-port interface described here

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtioSerial

I also had to change the 'analog' script so it can setup an rsyslog
instance to read and sort the incoming log messages in the same way as
it does for TCP forwarding.

Once this is in the final version and pushed I'll describe a way to set
it up on the Anaconda wiki (it's unfortunately not as straightforward as
I'd like it to be ATM).

Ales

This new feature of anaconda will help people easily monitoring/saving
install logs when their test Fedora in KVM without network. Our auto
install test also will benefit from your efforts.If you have the version
for testing,tell us, we can donate some time to test it.

Thanks
Liam

Liam,

You can start testing it as soon as it's pushed and in the regular build.

Ales