Re: pyanaconda and modules

> Yeah, good point. The goal of my change is just to make things work
> again, but I'd encourage the guys who feel most responsible for such
> modules to make the imports consistent the next time they're
> touching the files. But let's just get this working now before
> setting the conventions (if we do that I vote for the absolute
> imports, they're quicker to be deciphered).

I understand your reasoning here, but you're already touching every
import line in anaconda so it seems reasonable to clean up some of the
more ridiculous imports while you're at it.  I'll point out one or two
of them in a followup to one of your patches.

Stylistically, in a lot of places you're doing something like this:

   import pyanaconda.whatever as whatever

When you could be doing this:

   from pyanaconda import whatever

I think the latter looks less silly, and you can also stack a bunch of
imports into one line that way,.

> >(and as an unrelated nit, I really dislike import *, it makes it really
> >hard to trace something back to its source, but I don't see that
> >changing anytime soon)
>
> Love them too. My favorite one is 'from time import *' in timezone_text.py.

I'm torn on "import *".  Sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's
aggravating.  We should probably just fix them up as we go along, and
try to not introduce new ones.

- Chris