Re: How to shrink the lorax install image ?

Hi,

On 05/21/2010 03:46 PM, Martin Gracik wrote:
Yeah, sorting by size is a good idea, here's the list sorted by size, biggest first

http://mgracik.fedorapeople.org/install_image_diff_by_size.txt

About the qt, you're right, yum installs a lot of dependency stuff, which is not needed,
removing these dependencies can make the install tree smaller too.

We really should get rid of all the kde stuff in there, that will help a lot. Also
you can start with adding /var/lib/rpm to your to remove stuff, we really don't
need an rpm database under the installer environment.

So your first point of business is (IMHO) to track down why kde is getting dragged
in and fix that:
- patch the specfile of the package in question
- do a local build
- add it to a local repo
- do a compose with the local repo included

I wonder what the size will look like with all kde stuff removed.

If you have any trouble with removing the kde dep (once you've tracked down
the culprit package), let me know and I'll try to help.

Regards,

Hans