Re: Removing the number of installation screens (F-14)

> > Under this idea, the default spin of Fedora (GNOME desktop, basically)
> > would be equivalent to your above description.  It wouldn't ask about
> > advanced storage, perhaps hide custom layout, whatever.  Then other
> > spins could provide their own install class that un-hid certain steps.
> > Some hypothetical Server or Enterprise spin could un-hide everything to
> > provide the full confusing installer experience.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> This would imply changing what the DVD spin is (and possibly producing
> more of them.) I'm not necessarily against that, but it would be
> a larger change.

Well yes.  My plan would involve distribution-wide changes, but that's
okay.  We need to be thinking about what kind of big changes we want to
see instead of just reacting to API changes and bug reports.  How
boring.

> I'm assuming there's no 'pick which installclass you want' support,

Correct - though, I am separately still thinking about my spin selector
idea.  So there could be a similar concept.

> so we couldn't define each spin in terms of an install class, and
> include *all* installclasses on the DVD image.

I was thinking an install class specific to a single spin would have to
be included on each spin's installation media.

- Chris