Removing the number of supported installation methods

Greetings,

Following up to Hans' earlier thread on reducing the number of screens
in the installer, I'd like to discuss reducing the supported
installation methods.  Any proposals here might also need to be reviewed
in a larger product setting, but I'm curious how this group feels from a
development, maintenance and test perspective.

Currently, in Fedora we test the following installation methods:

     1. CD (multiple disc)
     2. DVD
     3. boot.iso + remote http repository
     4. boot.iso + remote NFS repository (not actively tested)
     5. Live install
     6. pxeboot + remote install.img and repo
     7. HD ISO install
     8. NFS install
     9. NFS ISO install
    10. HD install (not actively tested)

Are there additional supported installation paths that I missed?

Do we really *need* all of these?  From a test perspective, this does
offer challenges.  I'm not listing all the command-line permutations
where the boot media, install.img and package repositories are all in
different locations.  Some suggestions ...

     1. Do we need support for *multiple* remote installation methods
        (http, ftp, nfs, nfsiso) ... why not just HTTP (sure, libcurl
        offers more, but HTTP would be documented and supported)?
     2. Are HD installs still valuable to users and customers of distros
        that rely on the anaconda installer (preupgrade)?
     3. Are HD ISO installs still valuable?
     4. boot.iso, a boot CD, a boot DVD and a bootable Live image.  Is
        there some way to combine these 4 boot images.  Do we need all
        of them?  What about only providing a Live image only -- perhaps
        more of a question for respective product teams (RHEL, Fedora).

Thanks,
James