RFC: how to handle iscsi (and fcoe / zfcp) in rescue mode ?

Hi,

We need to do something to make iscsi driver which need to be brought up
manually available in rescue mode before we search for a / to rescue.

There are 2 options:

1) Add some text mode UI stuff to do this
2) Make rescue mode graphical, and make rescue mode
   go through the filter UI.

I think in the long run we will want to do 2). But I guess that is too late
RHEL-6, so that we need to do 1) there.

Any input / comments is appreciated. I'll try to make some time
to work on 1) (if no-one yells no) in the next few days.

About 2). I think this is the logical and best thing to do in the
long run, given that we are already doing kms even in rescue mode,
we are already making rescue mode dependent on having working graphics,
so I don't see any big blockers here.

Regards,

Hans