Re: RFC: make loader floppy driver loading conditional on PNP BIOS info ?

 As a child of the 80s,
I barely remember disks larger than 5.25", the nostalgic in me has a
place for them, but they are really very very dead.

Jon.

except, of course, if the average user wants to update it's bios. maybe there are another scenarios where a floppy would be useful. (like installing an old, floppy only linux distro, recovering data from floppy disks, etc). anyway, for example my hp xw4400 still has a floppy and it's unfortunate i can no longer use it.
talking strictly about anaconda, i assume for any updates.img we can use an usb stick.

--
Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."
(Ghost Dog : The Way of The Samurai)