Re: Can I redirect the output of tty3 to ttyS0 during install?

On 03/11/2010 04:54 PM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
On 03/11/2010 07:05 AM, Li Ming wrote:
I thought the /tmp/anaconda.log was generated by anaconda,not kernel,so
the information in tty3 was also printed by anaconda,if we can do some
settings(giving some argument during boot) and force anaconda print the
information which is original in /dev/tty3 to ttyS0, that would be great.

Now I see what you mean. But wouldn't that mess up the ttyS0 output
that's on the screen now (like the textual loader interface)? I like the
VirtioSerial option much more.

If we only redirect output of /dev/tty3 to ttyS0,the output of console is still in KVM,that would not mess up the output, that's means the ttyS0 only has output of tty3. I read the link you give us:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtioSerial
in "How To Test" session,add this to command:
-device virtio-serial \
-chardev socket,path=/tmp/foo,id=foo \
-device virtserialport,chardev=foo,name=org.fedoraproject.port.0
then data written into host's /tmp/foo (via a utility like socat) will then be relayed to the guest and a guest app should be able to read the data from /dev/vport0p1.
My question is, what is the command can do this:
the data written into guest's /tmp/foo will then be relayed to serial port,then host can read this data from that serial port. If we can do this,when anaconda records logs in /tmp/anaconda.log,then data will be able to read from host.Does this work?

Thanks
Liam