Change default kernel cmdline to make dracut only online the minimum of devices

Hi All,

Currently dracut (as configured in Fedora) will online everything it finds
on the system (all Volume Groups, all mdraid sets, etc). While looking
for the root fs.

This is not necessarily a good idea, esp not so when running on machine
with lots of disks, or connected to a SAN. This also leads to issues
when booting on headless machines with dmcrypt devices (which are not
needed for the root fs).

So I would like to propose to add the necessary kernel cmdline paramters
to grub.conf, to tell dracut to only online certain devices (those needed
for /)

I would like to make this change soon (in plenty of time for RHEL-6 beta),
my plan is to make anaconda write the needed cmdline options to grub.conf,
as it already has all the necessary information in its devicetree, and already
has a framework for writing kernel cmdline options for devices which need
them (fcoe, iscsi, dasd, zfcp) as they cannot be autodiscovered.

This would mean that for new installs we would always use the online minimum
devices needed dracut boot method.

For existing installs, we would still use the bring up everything method, as
anaconda does not re-write grub.conf on a normal update, this would only
affect F-12 -> F-13 updates, and should not be a problem there, as people
running F-12 will already be using the bringup everything method, and that
thus is working for them.

Feedback welcome.

Regards,

Hans